To enhance work efficiency and productivity, a number of companies use a groupware.
But, it can cost a lot to use a groupware for your company. Company K charges $7/month per user and extra storage space fee beyond 1GB for their groupware. For example, if 30 people use 100GB, it costs $660/month.
You need to keep basic functions (e-mail, calendar, file storage) in mind when you consider which groupware to use. So, many companies use Google’s G-suite (a new name for “Google Apps for Business”), because G-suite is already well-known in the world.
However, G-suite costs $5~10/month or $50~120/year per user.
By the way, there is a way to use a groupware for FREE!
It is using personal Google Apps instead of Google Apps for Business. In order to do that, please take the following steps:
1) Create Gmails for all members of your company. (It’s FREE!)
2) Use the name of your company and IDs when creating Gmails. For example, if your company’s name is “Green Architects” and an ID is “gm”, a Gmail address would be “email@example.com”.
3) Assign the Gmails to the members. They can utilize Google services such as Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive for their work right away.
- The advantage of this method is transferring work duties to a successor can be done quickly. So, the method is especially beneficial for a small-sized company with a high turnover rate of employees.
4) Use Docswave, a Google-based groupware.
- Anyone with a Google account can use Docswave for FREE.
- You can approve documents electronically by using Google Drive. If you are a Google user, it is very easy to figure out how to use Docswave.
- You can use Docswave on both PC and mobile.
- Docswave offers the best security system, because documents generated in Docswave are automatically saved in the admin’s Google Drive. There is no need for backup.
Many small-sized companies are currently using Docswave in this way. Try it now!
This post is also available in: Korean